Tuesday 1 August 2017

July 30, 2017

Today my support group was having a picnic in the park with a balloon release at the end. It was a gorgeous weather day. Sunny with a light breeze so it wasn't too hot out. It was amazing being outside. I played with my new friend's 2-year-old daughter - who is so adorable. We had some great conversations with yummy food and snacks.

Near the end of the event everyone was able to pick out their balloon(s). You could pick white, pink or blue. I chose a blue balloon as I know in my hear that my baby was a boy. It was sad to see how many balloons some family's had to hold. My friend had 2 - a white and a pink. So many lost babies and children. So much loss and a lifetime of heartbreak.

 Once it was time to release our balloons Lori-Ann made a speech.

With these balloons we remember
our infant loved ones who have died.
Death has forced us to let go
of the children we would hold.
As we let go of our balloons
we send forth a message to the community.
The message is:
Our babies were wanted, were real, are loved,
are grieved and remembered.
To one another the message is:
You are not alone.
With support we survive and we grow.
To our beloved children we have spoken of today
The message is:
We remember you, we miss you,
and most of all we love you.

Then the balloons were released. It took me a few seconds to let go of my blue balloon. I didn't want to let go. I cried... I had to let go of my balloon to join the other angel balloons in the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment