Monday 5 June 2017

hCG Levels


Human chorionic gonadotropin, or hCG, is a hormone made by the placenta to help support the growth of the fetus during pregnancy. During normal pregnancy, hCG levels generally double about every 48 to 72 hours and can be detected by a blood test about 3 weeks from the last menstrual period.

A miscarriage at 8 to 10 weeks, at the highest concentration of hCG, will generally take the longest to return to normal compared to miscarriage at other times.

Miscarried 12w1d. Baby was 8w3d. Measurements in mIU/ml.

My body is taking a slow time to get this hCG hormone out. I do have a generally slower metabolism but this is the longest process. It's so frustrating. I just want to get back on track. I've never wanted my period so badly before.

April 21 : 941
April 23 : 293
April 25 : 159
May 03 : 53
May 17 : 30
May 31 : 17
June 14 : 7
June 21 : 7
June 28 : >5

May 21-23 : On the evening of the 21st to mid-day the 23rd I started to experience more bleeding and clotting (Miscarriage 2.0?). It was very foul smelling and darker in color. I think this was the final shed of everything. I hope my body is rebuilding a new healthy home for Baby 2.0. 

June 21 :  Was hoping today would be my last blood test. I started getting some light bleeding about an hour after my blood work. I was so happy about this thinking my levels would finally be at 0. I got my results back in the evening via phone call. There is NO CHANGE! I'm still at 7. I'm beyond frustrated at my body right now. From what I understand the bleeding I am experiencing is a period so that's the good news.

June 28 : Finally got to less than 5! After 10 long emotional weeks I'm finally considered not pregnant. Now to get into a healthier living mind set of smart eating decisions, hot yoga and lots and LOTS of walks with my dog. Hoping to lose the pregnancy/stress weight I have gained over the past few months. I thought I would feel much better than I do having the hCG out of my system. Although, I like to think the quote below is a fact. My baby will ALWAYS be with me - literally!



Italicized quoted from LiveStrong.com

No comments:

Post a Comment