Tuesday 13 June 2017

May 14, 2017 - Mother's Day

My first Mother Day was supposed to be a great day. Instead I didn't know if I was a Mother. Until I read this:


This poem really helped me. I am a Mom this Mother's Day. I loved my little one its whole life. That's what makes me a Mom.

I had a rough start to my day. I was upset and emotional. Trying hard not focus on the day itself. I was going to spend the day with a dear friend who lost her Mom to cancer in January. It was a rough day for both of us.

Once I got to my friends house I wanted to fill her in since I haven't seen her since the miscarriage. I cried and told her everything. She was very supportive. She's a Mom to a beautiful 2 year old so she can imagine the heartache I was going through. Once we left the house it was happy time!

We went for lunch at Joey Restaurant. I got the BBQ Salmon Rice Bowl (sweet sesame soy sauce, snap peas, edamame, mushrooms, daikon). I had a yummy alcoholic drink - the Spa Cosmo Martini - as well. Both were delicious!!! Life gets so busy it's always a delight to see a friend. It was nice to sit down and catch up on other aspects of our lives. 


After lunch we went and saw the movie "Snatched" with Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn. I didn't know what to expect. I don't watch movie trailers. There are too many spoilers and they always give away the funniest scenes. It was a really funny movie. About what I expected from an Amy Schumer movie! Lots of laughs and a great movie about a mother and daughter relationship to watch on Mother's Day. After the movie Cineplex gave out a flower with a Happy Mother's Day card. It's was wonderful receiving a flower for Mother's Day. I added it to my growing vase of flowers.

Once I got home, I called my Mom to wish her a Happy Mother's Day. It was nice to talk to my mom. I'm definitely grateful for that considering how many people - like my friend - who no longer have their Mother on Mother's Day.

Overall it turned out to be a pretty good First Mother's Day.

The video below was made by TODAY Parents for Bereaved Mother's on Mother's Day.

 You're not alone.

The next video is from CarlyMarie Project Heal for International Bereavement Mother's Day which is the first Sunday of May (May 7, 2017). It speaks volumes. I urge you to watch it too.

 We Carry Them In Our Hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment