Thursday 8 June 2017

May 9, 2017 - My Birthday

My birthday was going to be the day I announced my happy news to my family and friends. I had already though of ideas of cute cupcakes. Having a mommy cupcake, a daddy cupcake and a 'mini' baby cupcake. I would have been almost 15 weeks at this point (shy of 1 day).

I had a rough night the day before my birthday. I was so very sad and I didn't feel like celebrating my birthday. Many tears were shed. I fell asleep feeling sad, overwhelmed, heartbroken, numb and empty. This was supposed to be my first birthday being pregnant.

I didn't feel any better in the morning. I took my sweet time going into work. When I got there my co-workers wished me happy birthday. I said a "thanks" in a I'm-trying-really-hard-to-be-happy mood. I got to my desk and started checking my e-mails. I started crying again. I had received a few text messages and many Happy Birthday wishes on Facebook. I continued to read these throughout the day to bring some joy into my day.

Once I calmed down I got some work done. I was on the phone with a client for a few minutes. After my phone call I went to go into the printer room and all my co-workers were standing there with balloons and mini-cupcakes. It was a sweet gesture to surprise me and support me. They knew I was having a hard day. The mini-cupcakes were delicious and the balloons were my favorite color.


After work my husband and and I wanted to do something special. Something we haven't done. I booked us a reservation at a fondue place we've been wanting to go to together for a while. I had been there once for my 30th birthday (3 years ago) and haven't had an opportunity to go back since.

We went for 7:00 pm to miss the supper rush and traffic. It was half-priced bottle of wine night since it was a Tuesday. I picked out a delicious bottle of Canadian white wine. We ordered our 4-course meal and the fun began.

The cheese fondue course was first, served with bread, apple and veggies. Then we had caesar salad. We had a bit of time between each course to chat and enjoy each other's company. It had been a while since we had a nice dinner out. For the main course we ordered lobster, shrimp, filet mignon, sausage, and mushrooms which came with veggies. Some meats were seasoned cajun style! We got a variety of dips to use as well. It was fun cooking the meats and veggies. You get 3 skewers to use so you can cook a lot at the same time. The mushrooms stuffed with cream sauce was soooo yummy!

My husband had one glass of wine but the rest was all mine! I did miss having wine. It still felt weird to be drinking again. He had two beers but drank early on so he'd still be safe to drive home.

 
Then the dessert came and it was amazing. They had oreo and graham covered marshmallows, bananas, strawberry, cheesecake and brownies. Dip it all in chocolate! So amazing we had 2 servings of it.

3 hours later we were finally done our dinner and I finished my bottle of wine. Overall I had a pretty great birthday, even though it wasn't the one I had imagined having this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment